Selling products online taps into new customers and sets new benchmarks of financial success. But then there’s the shipping part.
Online sellers facing the daunting task of shipping palletized goods now have an easier, faster, more affordable way to do it, thanks to a new partnership between online freight marketplace uShip and shipping software company ShipStation. Coincidentally, both are based in Austin, Texas.
What does this mean for online sellers?
Multi-platform e-commerce merchants shipping palletized goods from sales made on Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Etsy and other sites now have access to the following:
- Instantly-bookable rates: uShip is partnered with nearly 30 less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, including top national providers Con-way Freight, Old Dominion Freight Line, YRC Freight, and R&L Carriers
- Direct carrier access: Top LTL carriers in one online location eliminates the inefficient process of phoning, faxing or emailing with multiple freight sites or brokers to compare rates, service types and time frames, ultimately saving sellers time, money and hassle
- Fair pricing: Prices are based on dimensions or freight class plus weight, and carriers know they are competing against each for the business, lowering their published rates
- Easy execution: Book, dispatch, track, audit and pay all in one place
- Mobile payment: Pay your carrier through uShip’s mobile app
ShipStation is a web-based software designed to help eCommerce retailers process, fulfill, and ship their orders from all the most popular marketplaces and shopping carts using all the top carriers.