Over the past five years, moving and transport jobs on uShip have gone into and out of nearly 100 countries and regions around the world. Although uShip in based in the U.S., we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to localize our services to support customers and transporters/hauliers in other popular regions. Today, uShip is announcing it has enhanced its support for users in Canada and the United Kingdom to better facilitate shipments traveling in, out or within those two countries.
For our Canadian and UK members, uShip will automatically detect your location and display your appropriate regional settings. You can also view and change your regional settings by clicking on the country flag in the upper part of any uShip page.
What does this mean for customers?
For customers in the UK and Canada, your uShip regional settings will now reflect:
- Local currency — Canadian Dollars (C$) and British Pounds (£)
- Local time zone and date format settings for time-sensitive activity on uShip, such as listing expirations and voice alert preferences
- Regional dimension/distance format for measuring items and distance in either English or Metric
What does this mean for transporters?
Service providers in Canada and UK can take advantage of a number of the same regional settings their customers now have, such as local currency, time zone and measurement format, in addition to:
- Default Find Shipments settings to help you easily find shipments to, from and within your country
- Enhanced support for Along-a-Route and Local searches in Canada and UK
- UK Service Provider Directory so UK customers can easily find and request bids from you
Transporter Special – Waived Fees in the UK
To celebrate today’s news, we’re offering a special to service providers: For the next 90 days, all transporters qualify to have their uShip booking fees waived for the first 10 shipments booked to, from or within the UK.
Further, all members in the U.S. will now be able to set their own time zone, which will impact listing duration, bid expiration and some alerts preferences.