Back in 2004, when uShip launched, we set out to connect people and businesses with feedback-rated transporters to make moving more affordable and efficient. In just five short years, we’ve not only done that but we’ve also hit a significant milestone: $125 million in business transacted on its marketplace.
We couldn’t have done this without tens of thousands of service providers who have driven a collective 185,000,000 miles in five years (for those keeping score at home, that’s equal to 755 trips to the moon!). Or without hundreds of thousands of customers who have shipped cars, trucks, freight, household goods, heavy equipment, boats, motorcycles, pets, along with eBay and Craigslist purchases more efficiently and affordably. In fact, uShip customers have left over 26,000 positive stories on uShip and thousands more on Facebook.
While uShip has had non-U.S. shipments since 2005, you’ll continue to see more in-country localization in 2010, adding to our existing local settings in the U.S., UK, European Union, Australia and Canada. Read more about this localization here and here. You’ll also be hearing more about Highway-to-Help (our charitable moving program), uShip’s “green” effort and site design updates.<more>
- At any given time, $8-$10 million in shipping jobs are available to transporters on uShip
- eBay item shipments on uShip have topped $30 million
- uShip deliveries have gone into and out of nearly 100 countries and regions
- Non-U.S. shipments are up 500 percent globally and 272 percent in the UK vs. 2008
- 160,000 transporters have registered and placed 2.8 million bids on uShip.com
- 900,000 shipments have been listed on uShip since launching in 2004
- Transporters volunteering to provide shipping services to those in need at little or no cost, have helped hundreds of people and traveled 200,000 miles, equal to eight times around the world.